COLORS OF PINELLAS
The 7th Annual
Exhibit of The National Arts Program®
for Pinellas County Employees, Retirees
and their Families
January 28 - February 27, 2013
at the Pinellas County Courthouse
315 Court Street
The National Arts Program Foundation of Malvern, Pennsylvania and Pinellas County
Registration for the
Colors of Pinellas 7th Annual Exhibit
closes January 4, 2013
Never hide your talent! The National Arts Program® is designed to give all artists, at all skill levels, an opportunity to exhibit their work in a professional manner and to compete for cash prizes. Sponsored by the National Arts Program Foundation in support and cooperation with Pinellas County, the exhibit is judged by professional artists and visual art professionals in Amateur, Intermediate, Professional and Youth classifications, and it is free to all. Don’t miss this chance to be recognized for your creativity. Be proud of your art! Visit The National Arts Program® website where you can upload photographs of your artwork:
|EXHIBIT CALENDAR 2013
||Hand Deliver Artwork
315 Court Street
First Floor - Lobby
||Reception & Awards Ceremony
3:00 p.m. Communications Department Studios
333 Chestnut Street, Clearwater
|Jan 28-Feb 27
||Exhibit on view to public
||Pick up Artwork @Courthouse
315 Court Street
from 8:00a.m. - 3:00p.m.
Rules of Exhibit
- Participants must be an employee or retiree or an immediate family member (spouse, parent or child) or domestic partner of an employee or retiree of Pinellas County Government. Employees of the Sheriff, State Attorney, Public Defender, Medical Examiner, Juvenile Welfare Board and Courts Administration may also participate.
- All entries submitted must be the original work of the applicant. Not accepted: copies; kits; paint-by- number pieces; photocopies or photographs of artwork; magazine or book illustrations, random snapshots.
- The National Arts Program® and Pinellas County reserve the right to disqualify entries they consider to be unacceptable or inappropriate for a public exhibit.
A. Painting (oils, acrylics)
B. Works on Paper (watercolor, pencil, ink, charcoal, pastel,marker,
C. Photography (black-and-white; color).
E. Craft (ceramics, glasswork, jewelry, woodcarving, fiber).
F. Mixed Media (a work of visual art that combines more than one
Artwork will be judged in the classification of the artist’s selection; however, in some cases, the exhibition judges will make the final determination.
Amateur – a person with little or no experience
Intermediate – a person with some experience, beginning art students, etc.
Professional – a person with serious art training, or employed in an art related job
Teen 13-18 - years old
Youth - 12 years and under
top of page
Prizes & Awards
Prizes will be awarded by classification:
Adult (Amateur, Intermediate, & Professional)
3 – First Place Awards of $300
3 – Second Place Awards of $200
3 – Third Place Awards of $100
Youth/Teen (Youth 12 & under; Teen 13-18)
2 – First Place Awards of $75
2 – Second Place Awards of $50
2 – Third Place Awards of $25
- A Best of Show Award of $300 will be presented.
- Honorable Mention Ribbons will be awarded at the discretion of the judges.
- Scholarships for continuing art education will be awarded.
- Each artist receives a Certificate of Participation in The National Arts Program®.
top of page
- Submit only entries which fit into the listed medium categories.
- Painting (oils, acrylics)
- Works on Paper (watercolor, pencil, ink, charcoal, pastel, marker, crayon, digital)
- Photography (black-and-white, color)
- Craft (ceramics, glassworks, jewelry, woodcarving, fiber)
- Mixed Media (a work of visual art that combines more than one medium)
- All artwork will need an NAP identification label placed on the back
(provided at drop off).
- All 2-dimensional entries must measure no more than 36” in any direction including frame, or weigh more than 40 pounds unless otherwise stipulated.
- All 2-dimensional entries must be hard board mounted and matted or framed and ready to hang with wire securely on the back. No Exceptions.
- Artwork must have been produced within the past three (3) years and may not have been previously submitted. No exceptions.
- Artwork that does not meet size limitations or specifications outlined above will be disqualified before judging.
- A digital photo of each entry must be submitted for the online gallery.
- Space may limit art displayed to one piece per artist.
top of page
Registrations may be completed online at www.nationalartsprogram.org/venues/pinellas-county-fl or by filling out the attached Registration Form. ALL registrations must be received no later than 4:00pm Friday, January 4, 2013. Forms may be sent via interoffice mail, e-mail, regular postal service or be hand delivered. Faxes will not be accepted. Forms may be copied, obtained on the Colors of Pinellas website, or by contacting Employee Communications at 727-464-5152.
All entries must be delivered to the lobby of the court house at 315 Court Street, on January 14, 2013 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
RECEPTION & AWARDS CEREMONY
A reception and presentation of awards will be held at the Communications Department Studios, 330 Chestnut Street, Clearwater, on January 28, 2013 at 3:00 p.m.
The exhibit will be open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., January 28 — February 27, 2013 in the County Courthouse Lobby, 315 Court Street, Clearwater. The exhibit is free to the public. All artists may upload photographs of their original artwork and their personal biography on the National Arts Program Foundation’s interactive website: www.nationalartsprogram.org.
Each artist is responsible for retrieving his/her artwork from the lobby of the courthouse at 315 Court Street on February 28, 2013 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Neither Pinellas County nor The National Arts Program® will be responsible for unclaimed works.
Every attempt will be made to preserve, secure and protect each entry submitted; but neither The National Arts Program® nor Pinellas County can be held responsible for damage or loss of art entries. The placing of art in the exhibition constitutes an agreement on the part of the entrant with conditions herein set forth. The National Arts Program Foundation and Pinellas County reserve the right to publish for publicity purposes reproductions of the entries. The National Arts Program® in Pinellas County is a public exhibit and photographing/filming of the exhibit is encouraged.